GeNovu COVID-19 Screening and Workflow
GeNovu’s COVID-19 screening protocol automates sample preparation, assists in visualizing key information, as well as establishes an ideal workflow. The lab automation process effectively enhances testing, as shown in the workflow image, by doing the following:
- Automate manual tasks by combining multiple patient samples (known as pooling) for screening
- Reduce error by automated sample extraction
- Improve quality through RT-PCR Prep
- Simplify RT-PCR analysis via integration with QuantStudio
- Optimize efficiency through automated data analysis
- Reduce cost by confirming only individual samples from flagged pooled screening results
All steps in the workflow integrate with the GeNovu database which provides compliant sample tracking and reporting of results. The database also has potential to merge into hospital systems and electronic health records.
GeNovu COVID-19 Web App
GeNovu offers powerful, easy to use interfaces to pool, prepare, extract and track samples in real time. The software allows labs to enhance sample throughput by efficiently employing laboratory automation. A main advantage is pooling multiple samples for screening. This approach increases the number of individuals that can be tested by using the same amount of resources. In addition, the GeNovu software decreases turnaround time by automatically collating sample results and links to electronic medical records.
The main advantages of GeNovu’s COVID-19 PCR protocol and integrated database are reliability and accuracy with decreased cost and faster turnaround time. Most importantly, the software indicates the presence of the actual virus’s genetic material or the fragments as the samples are tracked and analyzed through GeNovu’s automated reporting tools. Therefore, this is more efficient than manual preparation and analysis of individual sample results. GeNovu’s software will:
- Utilize barcode system to track samples and labware
- Manage sample inventory and results with alerts & notifications
- Create test protocols
- Execute the tests and batch process
- Integrate with PCR analytical software
- Final reporting
- Merge results with electronic health records for doctors/providers to receive reports
- Provide the tools for data compliance (FDA, HIPAA, etc.)
GeNovu's COVID-19 Screening Benefits
Increase safety and efficiency by minimizing manual touch and enhancing automated steps. Decrease cost for reagents and supplies by pooling samples for initial screening.
One-click access to results, see samples that need testing or review, and track processes in real-time.
Optimize workflow by seamlessly integrating sample tracking and reporting. Automatically link results to electronic health records for improved turnaround time.
Interested in scheduling a demo of our product(s)?